According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, it is estimated that over 1 million people receive dermal fillers each year. This popular treatment option may be beneficial in reducing appearances of wrinkles, aging, scars, and more!
Learn more about dermal fillers and how they differ from Botox below.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are non-surgical cosmetic filler injections. Using a gel-filled injection, dermal fillers can reduce wrinkles and plump your skin.
These injections work by restoring volume to smooth out wrinkles caused by the loss of fat, collagen, and elasticity that occurs over time with age.
How can Dermal Fillers Help?
This procedure can help with a variety of cosmetic matters, including, but not limited to:
- Plumping lips
- Reducing appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reconstructing asymmetries or abnormalities in face
- Decreasing appearance of dark circles under eyes
- Reducing appearance of scars
- Smoothing the nose bridge
- Enhancing contours that are shallow
To maintain results, your clinician may recommend repeated treatment.
What are the Differences between Dermal Fillers and Botox?
Key differences between Dermal Fillers and Botox include:
- Primary use: Botox reduces the appearance of dynamic wrinkles and lines such as crow’s feet, laughter lines, forehead creases, etc. Dermal fillers reduce the appearance of static wrinkles that occur with age.
- How they work: Botox relaxes muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles, while dermal fillers restore volume to smooth wrinkles.
- Effect duration: This varies for both procedures based on the treatment.
To determine which procedure is best for your anti-aging goals, speak with a professional at The Art of Dentistry & Spa! Give us a call at (732) 846-7100 or request an appointment on our website.