Our practice is Mercury Safe and Mercury Free.
That means we are dedicated to providing our patients with mercury-free restorations as a standard of care. We never use mercury in any of our restorations, ever.
We also subscribe to the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology’s methods and techniques to provide a Mercury Safe practice. This means that we utilize the most state-of-the-art techniques and methods to not only remove your mercury-containing fillings but dispose of them in an environmentally safe way.
Your Mercury filling removal visit:
Our office has the technology and education to safely remove mercury amalgam fillings from teeth. Dr. Berry employs the S.M.A.R.T. (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Techniques) protocol to remove toxic mercury amalgam fillings. The S.M.A.R.T. protocol, as recognized by the Holistic Dental Association (www.Holisticdental.org), The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, The International Association of Mercury Safe Dentistry (www.Iamsd.org) and the International Academy (www.Iaomt.org) of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (www.Iabdm.org), uses the most modern state-of-the-art equipment and procedures to reduce your overall exposure to harmful mercury while having your mercury fillings removed.
While having your mercury fillings removed with the S.M.A.R.T. protocols in effect, you will have the benefits of the following:
- A Complete plastic body drape to protect you and your clothes from any unintentional mercury or silver filling debris, which although unlikely, you would take home to your loved ones if embedded in the fabric of your clothes.
- The use of a DentAirVac high-speed whole room air purifier (www.dentairvac.com) placed directly at the source of the mercury removal site to reduce any possible mercury vapor exposure. This vacuum/filter system ensures complete recapture of harmful mercury vapor, tooth smells and fumes from silver amalgam fillings.
- An alternative source of oxygen is provided for you to ensure you are breathing clean sterile oxygen, and not nasty tooth fumes or even worse, possible mercury and silver filling vapors. The type of oxygen delivery source we utilize is a nasal hood, which completely protects the nasal passages and the clean oxygen from contaminants or any vapors and debris.
- A “Clean-Up” specialized suction device is used which encapsulates the mercury filling and suctions directly “at-the-source” of the mercury amalgam filling removal, not allowing any bits and pieces or vapors to pass into the mouth.
- An additional saliva ejector to keep you comfortable and reduce the “need to swallow” effect.
- Eye Protection to protect your eyesight and eyes from the bright dental lights as well as any possible overspray or debris.
Watch a short video explaining the safe removal of mercury fillings
Biocompatible/Biological Dental Options
To restore your teeth we can offer you a personalized dental materials biocompatibility test to determine which of the hundreds of dental materials available to us is best suited to you. We are all very different, and some people have reactivity to certain materials, and not to others. Now with the biocompatibility testing, we can be certain that the dentistry provided to you is truly customized.
However, if you wish to forego the test we always have the most biocompatible state-of-the-art dental materials in our office for all of our patients. For example, materials like Voco’s Admira Ormocer, DiamondLite from DRM, Inc., and Venus from Kulzer Inc. The worlds first biocompatible ceramic restoration which has no classic monomers. It is BISGMA, BPA, UDMA, HEMA, and TEGDMA free. This allows us to offer a strong, aesthetically pleasing restoration with the most biocompatible ingredients ever.