I’ve been a patient of the Art of Dentistry for many years and have always received the utmost care and support. Michele has, almost exclusively, been my dental hygienist and is so caring and always makes me feel as if I’m her only patient! The care and expert dentistry is top notch!
Reclaim Pain-Free Oral Function With a Personalized Treatment Plan
If you’re experiencing symptoms like jaw pain, headaches, clicking or popping in your jaw, or difficulty opening and closing your mouth, you may be dealing with a TMJ disorder. During your regular checkup, don’t hesitate to bring up any existing concerns. Your dentist will perform a thorough examination of your mouth and take digital X-rays. It will help us determine the right TMJ treatment for you. If you struggle with teeth grinding specifically, you may also be dealing with sleep apnea. Your dentist will discuss your symptoms completely. Airway testing can help us determine the right treatment for you.
We may recommend a wide range of solutions:
- Oral Appliances – A specialized oral appliance will protect your teeth and create proper jaw alignment.
- TENS Treatment – TENS (or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is ideal for pain relief and muscle relaxation.
- CBD Ointment – Topical CBD applications can help with pain and inflammation management.
- Essential Oils – Aromatherapy can encourage relaxation and stress reduction.
- Orthodontic Treatment – We may recommend clear aligner orthodontics if your TMJ problem is related to a misaligned bite. Aligner treatment can typically be completed within 12-18 months.
- Botox and Neuromodulator Therapy – These injections relax your muscles, often providing relief for both TMJ pain and headaches.
- Vivos Treatment – Wearing this device, which looks like a retainer, helps move your jaw forward. It creates better airflow, improves your tongue posture and bite function, and reduces teeth clenching.